Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good-Bye Grandpa.

The local News in Massachusetts reported on his story http://wbztv.com/local/father.of.27.2.1438460.html there is a video on the side http://wbztv.com/video/?id=85605@wbz.dayport.com.

My grandfather passed away last night. Since I use this blog as an addition to my journal I had to just say how much I love him and how much he will be missed until I see him again! He was an amazing man. He adopted 27 children and took care of over 50 foster children. He was a World War II Hero. He beat Cancer 3 times. He started his own company, could fix anything, added on to his own home over 6 times and just lived the most selfless life. I am going to miss him so much. He was my dance partner since I was a little girl, the other half of my duets ( we recorded a CD together), I was the only one of his Grandchildren allowed in his office. He would take me and my Aunt Beth out to dinner, the Disney store (and buy us each a prize) and the chocolate store, almost every weekend for years. We were able to go this fall again, for old times sake. He bought a little dumbo stuffed animal for my baby. He told the best stories (all true) about his life. His life was so full and exciting. I am going to miss his stories. He would call me at least once a week while we lived in Utah and try to convince me to move home. He called it "That place". I am going to miss his voice and his smile. I am going to miss his hugs and kisses. I am going to miss the "I love you more" competitions we had. But mostly I am grateful, for the extra time we had with him and for the amazing life that he lead. I feel so blessed to have been a part of his legacy and I hope I can live up to his expectations and be the princess he always told me I was. I love you Pa! I am glad I know what I know, it helps me to understand that although I miss you, its not goodbye forever!

I know some of you knew him so here is the link to his Obituary.

3 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Sounds like just an incredible man! I enjoyed just what you said about him, and it is always so nice to know that we will see them again :)

Lori said...

What an amazing legacy. I'm so glad you were able to spend more time with him before he passed away. It's hard (sad, painful, and a million other words could describe it all) to see them go, but so wonderful to know they are happy and that we'll be with them again one day. Hang in there, MB. Allen and I both lost a grandparent this year and it was difficult for sure. Love you!

Karriba said...

I just read that, because I hadn't had time to read the blog, so I just read that. Granpa was an amazing man and I loved him so dearly. I can not wait to see him again. The day when My mom and dad and my sisters and I went up to see everyone and his body at Grandmas, we were all crying and my Mom came up and told us that on that morning, she asked him, when he gets to heaven, will he build a house for all of us to live in, and he said that he would. Mom said that he must of been really excited. I will be happy when I get to see him again. You can't even imagine of how special a grandfather he was. I was a gift from God, he was so amazing. I love him. I am so happy that I had such a wonderful Grandfather like him. I know that everywhere I go, he is standing right next to me, when I am doing a test in school, when I am going on a long walk, he is holding my hand. He would always have a red hankerchief, and at his funerial, everyone got on, and I have on my rist, and I can't take it off, I always have it on. I love my Grandpa. He was so amazing!!! Let him rest in peace. I can't wait to see him again.