This is mostly for Robbie but if you all want to read it you can. And maybe make a little post about your wonderful husband. What would we do without them?
Lately I have been made aware of the many things I wouldn't be able to do without Robbie. Due to some silly experiences I have had and because Brother Brinley a professor at BYU came and spoke to our relief society. It was pretty amazing! So I thought I would say thank you to him for the many things he does for me which would be impossible to do without him.
In no particular order:
1. Lint Brush- Ok so it was a rare occurance but Robbie wasn't home and I was getting ready for an enrichment activity and decided to wear my black slacks....well I lint brushed the front and the sides but I'll be honest....I don't know when the last time I did the back was and you know what it didn't work out so well. I can't reach my head around there to see what kind of furry friends are hiding but I did my best. I probably left the house a little discombobulated. When Robbie is home...that rarely happens.
2. Getting the Bowls out - So above our fridge we have those two tiny cabinets that most people have, well we have all our big mixing bowls in there and I really needed them the other day. Robbie has always been at my beckon call when I need the stuff high above but yet another test/ class had taken him away from me. So...instead of bringing over a chair and getting it myself I just waited until he got home. Silly but true.
3. He is the driver- when we are together Robbie almost always drives (unless I am dropping him off at class.) I love this, he opens my door for me, and I just buckle up carefree and comfy. Well, good story, (which made me really appreciate him) the other day I went into a store grabbed my bags came back to the car loaded it up and sat in the passengers side. I waited a minute then looked to the drivers seat..curious why the car hadn't started and remembered that Robbie wasn't even with me. Yup embarassing. I hope no one noticed. So I just slid over the Emergency break and plopped into the drivers seat, disappointed again that I was the driver.
4. Comfy movies- This one has two parts first I am just never as comfortable watching a movie without Robbie around. I think his arms were made just for me. I fit so perfect in them. He always makes sure I am comfortable even though I am sure most of the time he isn't. He is so sweet. Yesterday Robbie and I had our first attempt of going to different movies. Robbie went with his brother to see "Be kind Rewind" and My old roommate Lisa and I went to see "27 dresses" I figured if he wanted to see one that I didn't and I wanted to see one that he didn't then this was the perfect solution. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN! I missed whispering to him and just holding his hand. The drive home was very different too because everytime each of us wanted to say "remember this part" we realized that neither of us knew wh at the other was talking about. Oh well. Now we know
5. Laugh- I love how he makes me laugh and I love the sound of his laugh! Its so fun to have someone to laugh with. We can't stay grouchy or upset for more than a minute or two because we just look at each other and smile or make the other laugh! I LOVE IT!
6. He knows what I need- no matter what the situation Robbie knows exactly what I need. I don't know how this happens but its pretty amazing!
7. He is my fashion police- I have mentioned this before but honestly how rare is it to have a husband who actually dresses well without your help and who helps you dress better and put outfits together. All I can say is its a good thing because whoa I probably would have brutally embarrassed myself many times had he not been there with his excellent advice.
8. He is always around- I know that Robbie is going to be an amazing Dad someday because he always puts family first. He knows how much I miss him when he is away and how much I need him close and he always makes time for me. When he maybe should be studying in the library he comes home so I can see his cute face. I love it!
9. He is so fun- I can't imagine how incredibly boring my life would be without Robbie around. He is so much fun. Everything we do is fun and I love it! We play sports together, watch movies, watch March Madness and compete at it, go to sporting events, go to the temple, play games, clean the car, clean the apartment, go shopping, read books and so much more and it is all so much fun!
10. He honors his priesthood- He is such an amazing priesthood holder. He is honest and faithful. He challenged "us" to go to the temple at least 2x a month but have to have no excuse for not going every week and we are 3 weeks for 3 weeks in March all because of Robbie. He keeps me in line and is always willing to help others and be an example! Sometimes I listen to other people in relief society say things about their husbands and I realize how truly blessed I am. He conducts Family Home Evening, he helps around the house, he thinks about how to fulfill our spiritual needs. He is just great!
This list could go on forever but I just thought I would mention the ten that have really hit me hard recently. You're gorgeous! You're my Hero! I love you Robb!
3 comments:
What a sweet tribute to your hubby. Wasn't Bro. Brinley amazing? I never took any classes from him when I was at BYU, but I was so impressed with him and his talk.
Oh, and I love the story about you sitting in the passenger seat waiting for Robbie...who wasn't even there. That is hilarious!
Well, Well My little wife is taking advantage of her spring break from her masters course. She is too sweet! She was being nice on some of that stuff. Thank you Mabe you are the best
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBBIE!!!!!!!
Post a Comment