Saturday, April 24, 2010

Project # 2 For Baby Boy!


What is this nicely rolled item you ask?
Well, its a car seat cover. Perfect to shield from the sun or to cover when taking a nap as a signal for others.
Perfect to lift off when its time to say hi and take that cute baby out!And perfect to still carry safely without it falling off or getting jumbled!
I know lots of people use blankets but I just thought it would be nice to have something that would stay and not be a hassle. Plus I got to choose what fabric I wanted and I thought this was very fitting! Its been very fun to make things for this little boy.

* Look again at picture 2, don't you just need to remind yourself that there isn't a baby in there and that he is still in my tummy, well I do. I look at it everyone once in a while and say someday it will look just like that but have something so perfect inside! I can't wait!

8 comments:

Jeni said...

This is great. I've wanted to make one of those for ages. Where did you get the pattern?

Britney and Jaron said...

That is so cute! I have seen so many people lately with those on their carry seats and I have wanted to make one. Did you use a pattern? Please let me know because I would love to make one before my baby comes!

Robnz Fam said...

I LOVE those!! You know, even though I'm having girl #2, I would still want that as her cover ;0). You know how we are about sports! So I'm still just so so happy for you. I never forget what a miracle it is for us both to have these little children. So were you sick at all in the beginning? I feel like I'm starting to come out of it just a bit, so hard though. You pregnant belly is just adorable. You are all belly girl. I love it. I can't WAIT to see pictures of Robbie Jr. He'll be so darn handsome.

Miss you MB!!

maggie-t said...

what a clever idea! You will use it so much. I wish I had one. The material you picked out is adorable! You have great taste.

maggie-t said...

what a clever idea! You will use it so much. I wish I had one. The material you picked out is adorable! You have great taste.

HarHar said...

i still cant bielieve that i will be an aunt again! i cant wait untill the new baby comes! the only differance is that this baby is special because it came from my sister, not sister in law! i love ya soooo much, and your family!

Katie Smith said...

Okay, you have turned into quite the domestic goddess! Love the cover. I've seen them all over the place here but I'm too cheap to buy one and too incompetent to make one...dang.

I just saw your counter...only 66 days?! What the... I can hardly wait, I can only imagine how excited you and Robbie are.

Miss you so much...
KT

Lori said...

Very nice!! I love these. I don't have one, but I made one for my sis-in-law for Christmas and wish I had made 2 while I was at it!! We're totally excited for you guys!