Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hilarious!


Ok so today we were making soup. Robbie was over stirring in when I tossed in one of these bad boys (A bay leaf for those who don't recognize it, I wouldn't either don't worry). He threw up his arms and said, "Whoa, Mabe, what are doing? Are you kidding? Did you get that from outside?" As I suppressed my laughter I replied, " No its a spice, its in the recipe." He looked at me, " No seriously is this a joke? Get that thing outta there. Thats gross." I couldn't stop laughing, "No it really is part of the recipe" he looked at me with a very disgusted look on his face and replied, " I'm not hungry anymore." as he walked away. Ahh I love it! He is still asking me what it really is? Gotta love it!

4 comments:

Katey said...

We're both cracking up about this! We use Bay Leaves all the time in recipes. You guys are hilarious!

Kimberly said...

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but I knew Robbie at BYU from freshman year. I just had to say that I leave bay leaves out of my cooking all the time for the same reason. I'm sure it tastes great, but I just feel weird about having some dried up leaf floating around in my food. I don't like the idea of putting something in that I just have to fish out later. Maybe someday.... :) -Kimberly

Jodi Reeve said...

LOL. I have laughed about this all day!

Becca Openshaw said...

he is such a guy! my dad would say the same thing!