Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In Honor

Grandma and Pa with some of their Grandchildren and Greatgrandchildren
Giving a beautiful toast at Thanksgiving.

Getting a smooch on my wedding day!


1 year ago today we said Goodbye to one of the most amazing men we ever knew. He was remarkable. 2010 started off hard, really hard. Grandpa and I were so close. We had a very special relationship. He was just an incredible man and I miss him terribly every day. I find comfort in knowing I will see him again. He left an amazing legacy and after months of wanted to do something I have decided that in honor of him and my amazing grandmother I am going to start a blog. A blog to try and help-to help others understand what they knew about amazing people with disabilties, to help teachers and parents and open the eyes of the world to some of the most amazing people on earth. So head on over and see the begginning of what I hope with be a little bit of what they started in helping make a difference.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Very nice tribute

Karriba said...

He was a very wonderful Grandpa and I miss him dearly. I think of him almost every day but I know he is always standing right next to me every where I go.