Saturday, December 4, 2010

I have always wanted to run a Marathon. I have started to train many times and stopped after a few weeks, realizing I could never make it 26.2 miles. So recently I decided to try for a half marathon. I looked up training schedules online and went from there. I wanted to run one in UT but that didn't work out. We moved to CT and I continued to train and set a date. I documented my journey along the way. Because of our silly computer I couldn't get the whole video onto one so the videos are all 1 video broken up. The last one is just of the Half Marathon.

My goal was to finish the Race under 1 hour 50 mins. I was stunned to realize my time as I was running the race. My official time was 1:41.58 I had a hard time getting my per mile time under 8 mins but I avg. 7:49/min and came in 71st out of 400+ runners. you can check out the race results here.


None of this would/could have been possible without the support of my cute and fun wife. She let me leave the house and go for a run 3 days a week for a long time, and would always make time for it even when we had a conflict. She took pretty much all the footage in the videos and cheered me on every mile. I love her and I am grateful for all she did for me throughout my training.

No comments: